Our editorial team is proud working on different subjects that include,
- STM (Scientific, Technical, and Medical) Books
- Social sciences Books
- Humanities Books
iTEK editorial services comprises of :
- Technical editing
- Indexing and Abstracting
iTEK copyedits textbooks, professional titles, major works of references, journals & books which is spread across various disciplines of science, social science and humanities. Copyediting is performed in compliance either with the US or UK English as desired by the client.
Copyediting is the process by which a copy editor makes format changes and other improvements to text. The copyeditor rectifies lapses, queries the author(s) when contradictions and/or inconsistencies are found in the supplied manuscripts, and also sends suggestions in an attempt to resolve issues that may be present with the manuscript. The copyediting team also prepares a style sheet prior to project initiation.
We ensure understanding of your requirements by starting the work from samples. We prefer regular interaction and feedback from our clients. Copyeditors are assigned to particular books/journal to ensure familiarity, consistency, interaction with clients to resolve uncertainties of style.
Copyediting is generally categorized into three broad headings:
Simple copyediting includes: Correcting the spelling, ensuring the right usage of grammar and punctuation; Marking up the different levels of headings, flagging of figure and table placements; Ensuring consistency (i.e. spelling, hyphenation, numerals, fonts, and capitalization); Identifying the list types.
Medium/moderate copyediting involves — simple copyediting PLUS
Adjusting text and headings to accomplish equivalent construct; Ensuring that significant terms are handled consistently; Ensuring that the terminology catalogs and index have all the phrases that meet the standards as defined by the publisher; Verifying the previews, summations, etc.; Implementing coherent styles and atmospheres in a more than two author environment
Complex copyediting — Performing all tasks as mentioned above in medium/moderate copyediting; Deleting verbosity, unoriginality, and unfitting lingo/slang in the language; Leveling modifications and shifting sentences to enrich readability; Assigning new levels of headings to achieve logical structure.
Technical manuscripts provide vital information, and hence iTEK takes immense care that the presentation of information is such that it enables an easy understanding. Our highly skilled technical writers propose ideas for augmentation in blueprints for both subject matter and layout; thereby working with the manuscripts in both initial and final phases.
Technical Editor at iTEK is responsible for :
- Copyediting and designing
- Recommending designs to convey the significance (for both textual matter and images)
- Rephrasing and streamlining the content to suit the design
- Shuffling complete items and lines to perk up run of the content
- Confirming even composition by including or removing titles
- Spotting breaches in subject matter, and contributing or portraying the required print
- Removing content that is archaic or that does not reach the preferred motivation or ambiance
- Evaluating all facets in the processes involved, and imposing steady paradigms all time through
- Ascertaining interactions amid all team members, including the designer and the one who creates the illustrations and diagrams
- Incorporating the editor's responses to questions raised
RPS proofreading team performs the following tasks:
- Scans the typeset pages diligently character by character against the manuscript, identifies errors (such as misspellings, typos, incorrect numbering, etc.) and also marks the questions that need to be raised with the editor/author.
- Checks the applied styles and formats in the typeset pages against the provided specifications. Checks for the page adherence to the standard typesetting guidelies.
- The proofreading precedes the editorial task and minimizes the editor’s task.
Indexing and Abstracting
Indexes and abstracts organize the literature in a way that anyone can identify the documents of interest more easily. This is particularly important in both scientific and technical fields, and is now extended to social sciences and humanities as well due to its wide acceptance.
RPS Indexer generates an alphabetical index comprising list of terms, definitions, etc., and points to a page number inorder to direct the reader’s approach to information within the content.
An abstractor, on the other hand, prepares a concise condensation of the significant content of the document presenting its objectives, scope, and major findings. The primary objective of abstracting is to capture the essential content of the document, thereby saving the reader’s time. We strive to create abstracts that are highly structured, concise, and coherent, and are the outcome of a detailed analysis of the content of the abstracted materials.